Looking for advice/review for terms and conditions for healthcare startup
We are starting a healthcare tech startup by the name Cureyo. For information on what the startup does, please check beta.cureyo.com
We are basically an online consultation platform where patients can instantly speak to a specialist who is online and available.
The help I am looking for is
2. We want to include a clause but are not sure on how to word it. We want to let the patients know that online medical consultation by nature has its risks. So they must use their judgement in communicating all that is needed to the doctor. Also, any litigations should take into account this reasonable risk and the patient's responsibility towards.
Could you please let me know how I should include this in the terms.
Asked 1 year ago in Business Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Well, it requires customised assistance from out part as far as framing of terms and conditions are concerned.
Basically drafting and inclusion of the said terms in the website is required to be done.
So you have to take individual professional help from any of us in drafting the same for the purpose of inclusion in your service website is done.
Drafting of such terms and conditions is a huge tasks and hence in few lines it can not be advised which is to include and which not.
In other words ' Disclaimer' and other terms would be drafted with professional help.
2) consultations made online by nature do not involve any physical examination of patient . they may be dangerous in terms of making correct diagnosis of patients and determining drug reactions
3) it should be mentioned that drugs have been prescribed on basis of online questionnaire filled in by the patient and that no information has been suppressed by the patient
4) it should be mentioned that “e-mail and other electronic communications and interactions between the physician and patient should supplement and enhance, but not replace, crucial interpersonal in-teractions that create the very basis of the physician-patient relationship.
The services what you expect can be had by engaging the services of any lawyer available in this portal or in your locality in whom you may have faith and feel he/she will be able to put you properly into the legal saddle.
The clauses you would like to include should appear beneficial to both the customer/patient and to the doctor/consulting physician but should not allow room for legal hassles, especially on those terms for example the patients will be held liable for the description of their illness and the doctors will restrict the medicines/treatment as per the description/narration of the patient
jurisdictions for litigations, etc.
What you require is a flawlessly drafted tripartite agreement between the patients, online portal and specialist who would render advise. The liability which can be mounted on you and the specialist is civil and criminal in nature. So do not adopt a sample and transplant it on your website. This document is going to be the charter of rights. Get it drafted from a lawyer.
Thank you for your response. Looking for professional help in building/ re-drafting the terms and conditions below. Would you be able to engage on a professional basis to support this? If so, how could we proceed.
my email firstname.lastname@example.org
Asked 1 year ago
1) you can contact any lawyer on this website through email
2)transfer funds by NEFT or RGTS and have terms reviewed
you should contact a lawyer personally or over the phone to get best assistance.
Advocate, New Delhi
You are free to engage any lawyer from this portal.
There is no use of giving a general request to all the lawyers of this forum to help draft a legal agreement deed for you. You may select a particular lawyer and utilise his/her services on the terms on the fee fixed by the chosen lawyer and proceed. You can get the data of all the lawyers from their profile available in this portal