• Wife's Affair

Hi , I have caught my wife talking and chatting with her boyfriends , also saw her private videos and pics.

I gave her 3 chance , but she is not ready to improve.

Is there any undertaking which I can take or any precautions should I take to avoid future problems.

I am not willing to stay with her, she is ready to sign anything now ,.
But everything should be secret between her and me because if family comes in picture then they will harass us.
Asked 4 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Christian

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

In that case you can file a divorce case on the grounds of mutual consent and can convince your parents that incompatibility as the reason for divorce. 

If she is not agreeing then you collect evidences and file the contested divorce case on the grounds of adultery

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
83099 Answers
2001 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you retain all the chats and videos with you as evidence it may help you in future. No undertaking will help you. You can file divorce against her

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
30794 Answers
155 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Firstly preserve the private photos of wife and her friend. Every secret pact or undertaking or promise or agreement as sought by you are useless and are of no mean. Further, it would not normalize your matrimonial life as it may haunt you and will spoil your life also. The only way is to go for divorce by mutual consent which is an honorable way of separation without any bitterness. 

Siddharth Srivastava
Advocate, Delhi
1150 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

1) obtain in writing from her that she has been sharing her private videos and pics with her boy friends 


2) that she had extra marital affairs with guys 


3) that no deeds for dowry were made before or after marriage 


4) file for divorce by mutual consent 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
92904 Answers
7158 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is one solutions to get divorce from her.

If you don't want divorce and continue the marriage life with her without any dispute in future. Kindly sign property partition agreement and contract between both of you that is called contract and for existing property claim adjustment agrrement.



Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12829 Answers
240 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If she is not ready to mend her ways and you don't wish to stay with her then you may both file for divorce by mutual consent.... it is a hassle free divorce with no allegations and blame game. 

But the alimony and the maintenance part should be discussed and settled before approaching the Family Court then the process gets faster. 

In this way you need not involve Parents so they will not come to know anything about it. 


Kind Regards, 

Adv. Payal Goyle 

Payal Arora
Advocate, Pune
379 Answers
18 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

It is best to seek divorce producing the available against her. Any such agreement/undertaking/confession is not admissible in Court. 

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3943 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Take undertaking from her that she is involve in adultery with her boy friend. Keep her private videos and pics as proof. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22331 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Kindly go forward and file a mutual consent divorce by stating irretrievable breakdown of marriage as a ground. This ground was recognised by the Supreme Court recently in a Judgement. 

Sanmathi S. Rao
Advocate, Bengaluru
39 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

- As per law, if wife is not supporting her husband for the enjoyment of life and denying relation, then the husband can get divorce after filing a divorce petition before the court on this ground.

- Further , extra marital affairs is a ground of divorce. 

- The undertaking will not help you for getting divorce in case she continued relationship with other , hence you can keep the private videos and pecs as evidence and which is dully admissible in evidence. 

- Further, if she agrees for separation , then you can file a joint petition for mutual divorce. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
12186 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear client,  

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing in your marriage. If you have decided that you no longer wish to stay with your wife and she is willing to sign an agreement, it may be beneficial to consult with a family law attorney to discuss your specific situation and explore the options available to you.

An attorney can help you draft a legally binding agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of your separation or divorce. This agreement can address various aspects such as property division, spousal support, child custody (if applicable), and any other concerns you may have. It's important to consult with a legal professional to ensure that the agreement meets your needs and protects your interests.

When it comes to maintaining confidentiality, you can discuss this concern with your attorney and see if there are provisions that can be included in the agreement to address it. Your attorney can advise you on the best approach to handle this situation while ensuring your privacy and minimizing the involvement of other family members.

Remember that each case is unique, and the laws regarding divorce and separation can vary depending on your jurisdiction. Seeking guidance from a family law attorney will help you navigate the legal process effectively and make informed decisions.


Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
7759 Answers
90 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer