• Selling and buying of green belt plots?

Hi Sir, 
In my search of buying a plot in Varthur area, I found lot of layouts in green belt and non converted. People are buying and selling these plots. Lot of 3 floor buildings are there in green belt. 

So I like to here your advise on buying these kind of plot for building a house in my wife's name.
In Akrama to Sakrama government will allow these houses to convert?

Thanks and Regards,
Satyanarayana
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1)as per Section 79 (A), 79 (B), the Green belt land can be bought only for the purpose of "educational institutions recognized by the State or Central Government" ,

2)Section 95 (3B) of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act specifically prohibits the Deputy Commissioner from granting permission for conversion of land in the green belt for any other purpose. So no land in the green belt can be converted. However, as stated above, under section 109 of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act,  certain lands may be exempted from the provisions of the act and allowed to be used for the purposes of putting up industries, schools, low income housing, etc. So although lands in the green belt cannot be converted, certain types of activities can be exempted, provided special permission is procured. The lands can then be used only for the purposes for which it was exempted. 

3)dont purchase the land 
The Deputy Commissioner may, if he finds that the land has been put for non agricultural use, cause the said land to be restored to its original condition and levy a penalty of Rs. 1000/- and also Rs. 25 per day for the period of continued contravention. In addition, the Tahsildar may issue a notice to the purchasers for violation of Section 79 A and B and section 80 of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act and cause the land to be vested in the government and the sale deed declared null and void
Nobody has yet seen the benefits of Akrama and sakrama which is not yet cleared the crystal stage in the government policy making body.  So anticipating the benefit if you do anything against the existing rule  or law of the land, you may be in deep trouble at a later stage when this scheme does not come into force at all. 

What happens to the existing constructions (non-legal) in green belt area?
They may face problems when government takes proper action.
1. The conversion can be done only on the orders of district collector. The decision to allow or disallow conversion is liable to challenge before the HC. You should apply to the collector to convert the nature of land.

2. The illegal constructions can be demolished at anytime.
Hi, when the property is situated in green built area government will not allow any construction in green belt area and all the construction is become illegal constructions.

2. It is better you can't purchase such a land in Bangalore.
1. Any construction in the said green belt is illegal,

2. Do not buy the plot in any green belt for constructing a house thereupon,

3. The said construction may be ordered to be demolished by the green court later on.
1. All those construction in the green belt area are treated as illegal constructions,

2. ll illegal constructions are liable to be demolished.