• Delhi traffic challan

I got 3rd challan for speed limit in Delhi.

I visited virtual court website and when I proceed to pay the fine. It said. click here to view summon. 

After when I tried to proceed with the payment. It got this message.

Status: Transferred to regular court
Regular Court Details: Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, New Delhi, PHC
Next hearing date: 25/05/2023

My questions

1) What do I need to do now ? 
2) I am not a resident of Delhi, I'm from Rajasthan. Do I need to visit Delhi office ? if yes what's the address ?
3) what if I am not able to go to court at hearing date 25/05/2023
4) Is it just a fine ? or few months of imprisonment ?
Asked 4 months ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

1. In given circumstances, since court has passed the order, hence, you donot have option but to appear in person or through advocate in CMM court on assigned date. 

2. Your presence is not required. You can appoint an advocate at Delhi who can appear on your behalf and can do the needful. 

3. If you or your your advocate would not appear then arrest warrant may be issued by court. 

4. Generally court impose fine. 

Siddharth Srivastava
Advocate, Delhi
1147 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can visit the said court and pay the fine amount directly with the court concerned on the said date of hearing.

2. It is not office, it is court, you can get the address of the court concerned from the ecourts.gov.in website.

3. Then this crime against you will not be disposed, you will be harassed by police when you are caught for some other traffic violence offence.

4. It depends on the charges leveled against you.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
82974 Answers
1980 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You file a complaint with RTO it’s a technical glitch

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
30725 Answers
154 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

1) attend court on 25 th may 


2) engage a lawyer if you are unable to attend court on said date 


3) it is better you attend court on said date 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
92778 Answers
7130 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can get in touch with an advocate based in Delhi and get your challan released. No need to worry 

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18060 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Since, the 3rd challan is issued , then the payment through the website option closed , and the matter refereed to the court.

- On the hearing date , you can appear before the court , and the court may impose fine afresh.

2. Yes, you will have to make payment in Patiala House Court , New Delhi 

3. If you will not appear on the date , then the court may give next date of hearing l You can also engage a lawyer for the said work , if you don't want to attend the court. 

4. Just fine and nothing more 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
12115 Answers
169 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to present in court either through in person or through advocate.

Even if you not appeared, court may pass ex parte order, than u need to only pay the fine order by court.

Nothing much will happen.

Just fine.

Or you can be represented through local advocate in Delhi. Very known there.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22283 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear client, 

When you receive a traffic challan and it states that the case has been transferred to the regular court, it typically means that you are required to appear before the court on the specified hearing date. Here are some general points to consider:

Contact a lawyer: It's advisable to consult with a lawyer who specializes in traffic violations or criminal law in Delhi. They can provide you with specific guidance based on the details of your case and help you understand the legal implications.

Follow court instructions: Pay attention to any instructions provided on the virtual court website or on the summons. If the court has specified a hearing date, it is important to comply and attend the court proceedings.

Consider seeking legal representation: If you are unable to attend the court hearing personally, you may consider engaging a lawyer to represent you in court. Your lawyer can appear on your behalf and present your case.

Payment of fine: Typically, traffic violations result in the imposition of fines. However, the specific penalty for your case would depend on the nature of the offense and the applicable laws in Delhi. It's best to consult with a lawyer or refer to the relevant traffic regulations to understand the consequences of the specific violation you committed.

Out-of-state residents: As you mentioned that you are from Rajasthan, it may be possible to engage a lawyer in Delhi to represent you in court without requiring you to be physically present. Your lawyer can guide you on the necessary steps and represent your interests in the court proceedings.

Please note that it is important to consult with a lawyer who specializes in traffic violations or criminal law in Delhi for accurate advice based on the current laws and regulations. They can provide you with the most appropriate guidance based on the specific circumstances of your case.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
7720 Answers
88 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer