• Driver license - Date of birth change

I have a delhi license and my age is 31 .I found out that my date of birth year is wrong .i.e. 1964 though my actual year is 1984. I have no way to change this .License department says there is no option to change this date of birth ,one officer said you will waste your time if you wanna change it ,better apply for new license .
Is this true ?? what are the ways of doing it .

Dalim Biswas
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1) you must be having birth certificate which reflects your correct date and year of birth 

2) on said basis visit RTO office and make application for correction of year of birth in driving licence .

3) you may also have to file an affidavit in this regard . 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46814 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Do not listen to the officers. They are lying. You can file an application for rectification of error to RTO. If the application is rejected then you may move to court which can order RTO to rectify the error.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is nothing that it cannot be changed in the existing license, it can be very well done.First you have to write to RTA about this wrongly mentioned  DOB for the reasons whatever it may be and ask the authority to amend the license with the correct DOB.  You can enclose the authentic document, namely birth certificate and educational certificates denoting your actual date of birth and can inform that it was an error.   Get an acknowledgment or send it by registered post and wait for few days.  If you dont get a response within reasonable time, you may seek the status of your application through RTI Act.  If they reject your application quoting any rule, you may verify the quoted rule and can approach court of law with a declaratory suit impleading the RTA as defendant for declaring the correct DOB in the license as well as a direction to the RTO for implementing court order correcting the date of birth accordingly.  No doubt this process will take a very ling time say more than six months also, but choice is yours. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36930 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The Delhi transport authority or the regional transport officer cannot pass such comments or pass the buck. You need to  meet the commissioner of the  RTO concerned and share the matter with them through an application. Do not deposit your original driving license which has wrong DOB mentioned. If the commissioner also mentions such comments, you can take legal action.
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1029 Answers
35 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer