• Need Information

We three brothers got compensation amount from the government for government acquired property of my. Now one brother is not ready to sign putting some demands..is there a way for other 2 of us to take our share from the government.. Why we should suffer because of his behaviour?
Asked 8 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

What are demands of your brother 


you can collect your share of compensation amount from the authorities by accepting the compensation awarded 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
93506 Answers
7253 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Approach the concerned Government Official and apprise him to consider you and your brother's willingness to receive the compensation amount, inspite of your another brother not ready to sign the papers.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
4947 Answers
308 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you can go to the authorities and seek assistance. You can clarify the situation and demand your share.

Aayushi Jain
Advocate, Ahmedabad
8 Answers

Not rated

You can leave the brother alone to settle his problem by himself while you can collect your share in it individually.

If your brother is refusing to cooperate with you on this, then you can decide to ignore him and claim your share of consideration amount alone.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
83704 Answers
2057 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can approach court under Specific relief act if he has agreed earlier 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31071 Answers
162 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Dear client,  

If all three brothers are named as claimants in the compensation awarded by the government, then all three brothers will have to sign the necessary documents to receive the compensation amount. If one brother refuses to sign, it can create a legal hurdle to receive the full compensation amount.

However, if the compensation amount has already been disbursed to a joint account held by all three brothers, then it may be possible for the other two brothers to withdraw their share of the compensation from the joint account, provided there is no legal injunction preventing them from doing so.

It's recommended to consult with a local lawyer who can review the specific circumstances of your case and provide you with guidance on the legal options available to you. The lawyer can also help you negotiate with the brother who is refusing to sign and try to reach a mutually acceptable solution.



Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
8095 Answers
97 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File suit in court for direction to authorities to release your share 

Ravi Panwar
Advocate, New Delhi
116 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer