• Transfer of land documents to mother

Dear Sir
My father purchased a plot 20 years back. Unfortunately he expired due to ill health some 14 years back. My father hasnt left any will as to what is to be done with that property. I would like to know that what is the procedure in transferring the legal rights to my (widowed mother). We are 3 siblings settled comfortably at different places and all we three are married. Being children of her we would like that property be transferred to her name. 

Thanking you sir
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
1. On death of your father the said property devolves upon you all in equal share.
2. So make your mother sole owner of the plot amongst you all, the rest of you will have to execute a deed of release/relinquishment in favour of your mother
2. The said deed of release/relinquishment will have to be registered on payment nominal stamp duty.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
11695 Answers
146 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As your father died intestate,so, all his legal heirs have equal share in the property.By executing release deed by all heirs in favour of your mother she can become sole owner thereof.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

since your father died intestate your mother has 1/4th share in said property . inorder to transfer property in her name all 3 siblings have to execute deed of relinquishment in your mother favour . have it duly stamped and registered
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41674 Answers
2392 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In the absence of any will being made by your father during his lifetime his widow and all children have an equal share in the property of which he was the owner. If you and your siblings are into a positive agreement to transfer the entire property to your mother then you may do so by making a relinquishment deed in her favour. The deed should be registered in accordance with law.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

All are entitled to get 1/4 share over the property and you ( 3 member) can release your right in favour of your mother by execution of register release deed before sub registrar office.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
822 Answers
55 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer