• Village sarpanch tells the police that I keep weapons

I live in a village in Telangana near Hyd I and my daughter live in this village by ourselves and my husband lives in a nearby village we dint keep in touch with him that much.
The village sarpanch keeps telling evetyone and the police that I possess weapons and That I am a criminal and worked for rowdy sheaters which is not true. The police arrested me in may 2019 and then released me after asking some questions because of this complaint given by sarpanch and others.
After that the sarpanch told local police that I have weapins and they fillow me wherever I go and tell other ps that I am a suspect and they observe me this has been happening since three years and the police observe me when I go outside of the village till I come back.
Because of this police behaviour every one here thinks that I really am some kind of a maoist kind if person which I am not my reputation is totally gone.
Infact I have been cheated by a couple of people myself. 
The sarpanch takes out power in my area sometimes just to punish me. I have been in this village since four years and I am hughly qualified and do aquaculture. 
The sarpanch told everyone in the area that I am a maoist and stuff like that and is naking my life a hell.
Please help
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 2 hours.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

You can approach higher police officers of police as SP/Commissioner of Police against Sarpanch and local police. Complaint against the Sarpanch regarding his conduct with you. Lastly you can approach High Court of Telangana against police harassment and take direction to police against following/harassing you. 

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
4041 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue legal notice to sharpen h to with draw false and defamatory statements made against you 


if he refuses file complaint of criminal defamation against sarda cn in magistrate court 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94654 Answers
7523 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have evidence against the sarpanch for indulging in such illegal activities against you then you can file a criminal complaint against him with the police.

If the police is not entertaining any complaint then you can approach the judicial magistrate court with an application under section 200 cr.p.c. to take cognisance of the offences that the sarpanch has committed agaisnt you and get the private complaint tried against him. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84852 Answers
2188 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear client I am sorry to hear that but in this case you talk to police authorities for the same or file a complaint against them 

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
8826 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can file criminal and civil defamation case against him

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31908 Answers
179 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer