• Legal advice for cheque bounce

Some fellow borrowed a handsome amount from me on good faith.but later refused to give the same.After knowing his intentions i pressurised him and he provided me his company's blank cheques and signed blank 100 rs affidavit paper showiing that he is wiiling to pay.
but later he made stop payment of cheques and became absconding.
please advice what can be done in this case.
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

Serve legal notice on him claiming the amount, and then file a case u/s 138 NI Act . You can also file a case for cheating and misappropriatio of property.

Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

1. You can file case u/s 138 of NI Act.

2. On the basis of pro-note you can file civil suit for recovery of money as well.

3. Case of cheating also lies.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
364 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

firstly start with a legal notice and then other proceedings

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. Issue a lawyer's notice to the borrower.

2. If he does not pay back the amount even after notice then take out criminal proceedings and also a civil suit for recovery.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30751 Answers
919 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What is affidavit paper? However, you can use the said signed paper as an evidence of his taking loan from you. Fill it up carefully with the help of an experienced lawyer,

2. Then initiate action u/s 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act, for which is is required to prove his dischargeable liability for which he had issued the cheque which has been dishonoured,

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26070 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should give legal notice through advocate. also file civil suit for recovery

Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer