• Pro bono

I would like to know if i can get help ProBono for filing a divorce petition by mutual consent in Thane Court as I cannot afford the fees of the lawyer.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Thane, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
You can approach the District free legal aid services authority of your district and obtain the services of an Advocate from it free of cost.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1414 Answers
84 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can contact District legal Aid centre in thane for assistance in filing divorce by mutual consent
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32413 Answers
1789 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As advised by the experts, you should contact the District Legal Services Authority (the headquarters of which would be situated in the district court house) which will assign you a lawyer at state expenditure.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes, you can approach the District Legal Aid Authority for help,

2. MCD petitions are very simple and stereotyped, so, it's drafting  may not cost you much.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
14619 Answers
338 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are male person then you can not get such relief.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8580 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer