- As per Specific Relief Act, if any employee quits before the notice period, the Employer can only recover the Notice pay, and the Company cannot force to serve the entire notice period.
- Further, the resignation decision is the employee’s decision, and the employer cannot sue for breach of contract, if the employee leaves without serving contractual notice.
- Except, recovery of the said amount, company cannot harm you for the same
- Further, no employer can refused to return the original certificates or to issue relieving letter .If they are doing so, their act is illegal, unjustified and against the fundamental rights of the employee.
- Further, the employment bond with the negative covenant is valid and legally enforceable, if the parties agree with their free consent i.e. without force, coercion, undue influence, misrepresentation and mistake, but it is not enforceable, if it is either one sided, unconscionable or unreasonable.
- Further, section 27 of the Indian Contract Act prohibits any agreement in restraint of trade and profession.
- Hence, the said company cannot force you to work for the notice period , If you have already tendered your written resignation , then send the amount of notice period for the period which you don't want to work
You can contact me , if further suggestion needed.