• How to trace my deceased father's assets?

I am from Tamilnadu . My father didn't have a good communication within the family and died years ago. Recently some relatives from my father side told that he had bought some lands in his career. But, none of us have any clue about those properties. Is there any possibility to find out?
Asked 4 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Christian

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

Contact father CA 


his income tax returns may contain details of his assets 


you can also take search in sub registrar office in your ciry for properties standing in late father name 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
90341 Answers
6612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I am forwarding you TN Government website. You can try on this website feeding name and other details of father, you may find out the particulars of land owned by father . https://eservices.tn.gov.in/

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3605 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can engage the services of an advocate and ask him to file an application for search,  but again,  title search of several registrar offices to be undertaken 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
80511 Answers
1729 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the same are registered you can file it from sub registrar office through RTI application

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28979 Answers
109 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

- Yes, you can get the information from the office of the registrar . 

- You can contact some officials of the office of the registrar for searching the registry record with the name of your father . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10835 Answers
136 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You can perhaps go through the bank records like bank statements or bank passbooks of the deceased to find out about his investments. Sending a written request to the NSDL and/or CDSL seeking all the investments of the deceased based on his PAN can also be considered.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
6092 Answers
66 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) You need to visit your local sub registrar office and check.

2) If your father was filing his IT returns then please get in touch with his CA and ask him about his Assets records.


Zafreen Khan
Advocate, Greater Mumbai
44 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer