• Family pension to wife after husband death

Can the family pension to wife be started after the death of husband who was state government employee. Husband was convicted in corruption case by lower court and terminated from employment after 30+ years of service and pension did not start for the husband.
Asked 4 months ago in Labour

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

After the death of accused, case against him abets, that is closed. An appeal cannot be filed against conviction of dead accused. It is not possible to get the conviction set aside and seek payment of pension.

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3605 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If there, is conviction on corruption pension benefit is ceased. Kindly check whether, same is ceased and file, appeal to challenge the lower court order. 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28979 Answers
109 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Since husband was convicted, wife is not entitled to pension. 

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
6092 Answers
66 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If the husband was eligible for getting pension at the time of the death or termination of service then his would be eligible for family pension.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
80511 Answers
1729 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Wife should not be entitled to pension as husband services had been terminated by state government 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
90341 Answers
6612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Under Article 351, CSR [Rule 8, CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972] future good conduct is an implied condition of the grant of every pension and Government has the right to withhold or withdraw a pension or any part of it if the pensioner is convicted of a serious crime or found guilty of grave misconduct.

- Hence, if after termination and conviction of the case , husband received the notice from the department that the pension has been stopped /withhold , then the wife cannot get the pension after the death of her husband.

- However, the Supreme Court has held that pendency of the appeal by a convicted employee cannot disentitle the State from withholding the his Death-cum Retirement Gratuity

- Hence, if there is an appeal pending before the High court , and during that period husband died , then his wife is entitled to get the pension legally. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10835 Answers
136 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No the Family Pension to the wife can not be started since her deceased husband was terminated from the employment..

Zafreen Khan
Advocate, Greater Mumbai
44 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer