• Property registration

The sales agreement is in my husbands name, due to some loan issues we transferred the same to my name through a letter by the builder.
Now for registration are both of us required or i am sufficient?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Based on your question, I presume that you and/or your husband  want to enter into Agreement of Sale with the Builder. The person who is shown as Buyer(you or your husband) in the Sale Deed has to attend registration of the property at the concerned Sub-Registrar's Office
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1636 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It seems that agreement to sell is in your name and for registration of sale deed it can be either in your name or in your husband's name or jointly.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. If you have properly supplemented the said Agreement of Sale with your husband in your name, then you are buying the property,

2.So, the property will be registered in your name only for which your presence is required at the registration office,

3. Your husband's presence is optional.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18520 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)if in sale deed your name is only mentioned then for registration purposes your presence is only necessary 

2) your husband presence is not required.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45671 Answers
2685 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

only buyer has to appear before sub registrar
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer