• Information

How can i find out if my husband is married in india? i dont live in india.i understand he has some properties in delhi but when i put down details of those property in DORIS I GET NO RESULTS.how can i verify.i need to know the owner of the properties that i know he has -like his house-his hotel and a commercial property
Asked 5 months ago in Family Law

10 answers received in 1 day.

You can file RTI in marriage registration office and find out if marriage is registered you will get information. You can get details from su registrar office of registration the details about his property

You have to take search in sub registrar office in Delhi where properties are located to find out whether he is owner of said properties 

You can engage the services of an advocate or a detective agency located in Delhi and find out the details 

• In India, Marriage system is not streamlined to check the records. You need to visit Registrar of Marriages of your local district who maintains the record or your best bet is to talk to the relatives or neighbours for confirmation.
  • India currently doesn’t have any such organized way to find out assets owned by particular person, unless someone voluntary discloses it.

As per your question, your husband has some properties in Delhi but you need to know the                               jurisdiction in which he has the properties.

You can appoint a property agent who can search the records in sub registrar office where your husband properties are located.

Zafreen Khan
Advocate, Greater Mumbai

Hi, better you can hire private detectives. They will help you in the matter.

- You can get his marriage details from the office of marriage Registrar of the area , he is living in Delhi. 

- Further, you can also enquire about his properties from the office of Sub-Registrar , where his property or he is resided in Delhi

- Since, you are residing abroad , then you can take help of any relative or lawyer for getting the same. 

Mohammed Shahzad

Hi, You can contact any one in pannal they will help you in the matter.

You need to engage local lawyer in Delhi fir taking search 

pay his fees online and he will give a report within

one month or so 

- You can engage a lawyer for getting the same from this website as well. 

Mohammed Shahzad

You may have to choose a right person/advocate yourself, no recommendations can be made in this regard, because an advocate or a detective agency or a consultant belonging to the place only will be able to help you in this regard, hence you have to look for one from that place. 

ypu can contact me for the same. 

If you need any further assistance.You can approach me through Kaanoon or LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/prashant-nayak-5477b138