• Cancellation of marriage from bride's side

My ring ceremony was done before 3 and half months. Now bride side don't want to go further for marriage. Girl messaged me this on whatsapp her parents have denied on mobile phone. I have this message and call recording. This happened because of mismatch of thoughts between her and my family. They don't even want to talk to me on phone.
Girl's father is very short tempered and he created this scene. Now I also don't want to go for marriage in such type of family. 
Please suggest me the way so that I can be free for marriage somewhere else as soon as possible. Me and my family is in tension.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from BAREILLY, Uttar Pradesh

send a legal notice to her and her family through your counsel and sit tight, no need to worry.

1) return rings and other gifts received from girl side on cancellation of engagement 

2) send email recording the fact that engagement has been called off by the girl and all gifts have been returned 

1)send email to place on record that you are willing to return the gifts received and ask them to return jewellery sets and dresses given to the girl .fix a date in bareilly for the meeting 

2)wait for their reply and then decide course of action . 

3) if tomorrow they file any case the correspondence exchanged would show that you had  wanted to  of return  the gifts received but that they did not come for meeting

send a legal notice through counsel.

1. Marriage engagement or ring ceremony is called ' betrothal' which does nor create rights between the parties as marriage has not occurred as yet.
2. So either party can cancel the marriage at will.
3. However in cancellation of engagement the respective parties will have to compensate the other for the expenses made by them and return the gifted articles as well.
4. The party can marry at any time after the cancellation of engagement.

1. Send a letter by speed post informing that you accept heir cancellation of the marriage plan which you hereby cancel,

2. Mention therein that both the bride and the groom are now free to marry elsewhere,

3. Collect the track record of the postal delivery of the said letter as an evidence of heir having received the said cancellation letter.

Yes after having  taken a step to resolve  the issue and failed to invoke any response, to be on  the safer side, better issue a lawyer's notice on he same line stating that you are ready to  given back their gift an in exchange let them return your items as  the proposed marriage has been called off.

1) send another reminder by email .

2) also send letter by Speed  post Ad in case her father does not access his email regularly . in said letter mention about earlier email sent to him 

1. The marriage has been called off. The gifts which were mutually exchanged should be returned against acknowledgment.

2. If they file any false case against you such as demand of dowry, you will be given an opportunity to contest it in defence.

1. You should issue a lawyer's notice to them instead of sending an email as emails of this nature are not assigned much importance by the court.

2. If they do not reply to the legal notice then you can wait and watch to see what is their next move. As I said earlier, they may file a case of demand of dowry against you.