• How to make my sister give my property on rent

How do i give rights to my sister to give my property on rent and also keep the income of rent with her? She is a home maker
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law
Religion: Christian

4 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

Execute POA in favour your sister authorising her to give your property on rent ,to collect rentals on your behalf 


2) POA should be on stamp paper of Rs 500 and duly notarised 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
91274 Answers
6807 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A PoA ie power of attorney must be given to your sister stating that she'll handle all the details regarding that property ie rent etc.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13998 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Execute a GPA in her favor giving her powers execute a rent agreement, to collect rents and enjoy the same. That will be sufficient.

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3806 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- You can give her POA after mentioning that you being owner of the property , are giving authority to collect rent and use for her needs .  

- Further, you can mention that she will have right to give the said property on rent and to collect the rent , but will  not have ownership right. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
11181 Answers
149 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

U can give her power of attorney..for this

Kavery Anand Pandharpurkar
Advocate, Bangalore
328 Answers
12 Consultations

Not rated

Dear Client,

As per the facts which have been provided, you can execute a POA in her favour.

Thank You.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
6694 Answers
74 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can give a power of attorney deed to your sister for the purpose of letting out your property on rent and to collect the same on your behalf.

You can also enter into an agreement with her that she will maintain the property  and for the purpose she can utilise the rental amount received from this property. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
81456 Answers
1826 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can execute a special power of attorney for the same

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
29605 Answers
121 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0



with reference to your query, it is advisable to execute and register a Power of Attorney in favour of your sister wherein she will get right to rent out your property and also right to accept rent in their account.



Nitesh Agarwal

Nitesh Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
21 Answers
3 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer