Procedure for filing Domestic Violence case
Respected experts, I want to know full procedure for filling domestic Voilence case on husband and in less and what will happenwith them after filling and how much time and money it takes approximately and how will I able to fill this from where need to fill means via police or court cause from last 2 months i am at my mother place and for this should I have to engage local lawyer for this.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
kindly contact a local advocate as it requires ladvocate help,if you want you can contact Mr K k Ganguly ,who is from our panel of advocate and a excellent advocate.
Advocate, New Delhi
contact a local lawyer to do the needful.
Advocate, New Delhi
1) Dv cases take 5 years to be disposed of
2) you can file complaint under Dv act against your husband and in laws if you so desire
3) claim maintenance , right to stay in shared household or alternative accommodation .
4) also seek protection order if necessary
legal fees vary . you can get interim orders for maintenance etc within period of 1 year
1. You can file DV case against your husband and in laws.
2. You can file case u/s 498A as well.
3. For filing these case you need an advocate for getting effective result.
4. Such cases do take time and not less 5 years to say the least.
5. If you an unemployed lady, getting good order of maintenance is not difficult. and interim maintenance can be obtained in any court In kolkata within 6 months from the date of filing the case.
1. You can immediately lodge a police complaint u/s498A of IPC against your husband and inlaws for subjecting you to cruelty for dowry. After filing this complaint, your husband & inlaws will run around and spend considerable amount of money to get anticipatory bail,
2. You can then file DV case asking for residential right, maintenance (if you are unemployed), protection etc.,
3. Finally you can propose them mutual consent divorce against lumsum amount as compensation,
4. DV case will take 4 to 5 years easily to be disposed of.
Thank you all for our suggestions but actually I want to know that how many days it required for filing case coz I m already late and some people are saying this cases are useless might be after filing this I won't gt instant result and I have to stay at my mom place for long time and if in mean time my husband fill divorce then I should forget about living thoghter with husband .
Asked 3 years ago
better you contact local lawyer
Advocate, Greater Noida
1) for filing case 15 days from date of receipt of instructions .
2) we have advised you to file DV case it is your call
3)litigation does take time . there are no short cuts
4) if you want to stay with your husband file RCR in family court