• Relaxation from attending Police station for Senior Citizens


Me and my parents are falsely accused of 498A by my Wife couple of months back.

To avoid any possible arrest I have applied for Anticipatory bail in Davanagere District court on 11/03/2022.

on 01/04/2022 My bail application has been denied on the grounds of Matrimonial Case which is going on in Bangalore Family court.
I have applied for bail in Bangalore High court.

My Mom and Dad got bail from Davanagere district court on the grounds of age factor. The bail was granted with a condition to attend Police station every sunday till charge sheet is filed.

My mom (69Yrs) has Spinal cord issue and my Dad (77Yrs) has nerve issue both can't walk without any help.

We stay in Bangalore and Police station is in davanagere 252Kms one side.

In this situation, following is my questions.

1. Can I apply for relaxation from attending police station every sunday for my parents.

2. If Yes, should I apply in Davanagere district court or High court bangalore.

3. How long will it take to get the relaxation.

Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

You need to submit an application  for relaxation of condition to attend police station every Sunday to the High Court on health ground. It is matter of just one hearing after listing the matter on board.

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
4069 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can apply for relaxation of conditions for bail 


apply in district court only 


it may take a month or so 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95146 Answers
7597 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,
As per the facts which have been provided, you can apply relaxation from attending police station by submitting an application. This may take 1-2 months.
Thank You.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9153 Answers
111 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. You may have to obey the court order and attend the police station at least for one or two times and then apply for relaxation of conditions of bail explaining the difficulties they face owing to their chronic and acute ailments.

2. The relaxation application should be filed before the court which granted you bail.

3. It depends, if it is high court, then it would be decided on the date of it being listed for hearing.. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85348 Answers
2227 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes police officer will vist your house as you are sr. Citizen

2. Yes you can apply in court for relaxation of conditions

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32146 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

You have to file petition in Bangalore High Court against the order of district court for attendance of senior citizens in Davangere police station this is the only option available to you at this moment you can get order from high court in this regards

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6852 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer