• My husband is not ready to give me divorce.

My husband is harassing me mentally everyday. I am very depressed. He is not even ready to give me divorce. We dont even have any physical relation since my baby was born around two years back. I loves any other guy and want to marry him. But my husband is very cruel. I am affraid of getting my love harmed. Please suggest how can I take divorce and marry my love. Without any conflicts. Please help.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
you can file complaint under DV act and complaint in women cell for the cureilty committed by him
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. Dissolution of marriage is most convenient if both of agree for mutual consent divorce in which circumstances it does not take more than 6 months.
2. So convince your husband to do so. If he does not agree then you have to file suit for contested divorce in which case I regret to inform that if your husband
is not willing to give divorce then you would not get so at least earlier than 5-6 years.
3. As far as harassment and torture to you is concerned , you are free to file case u/s 498A, 405 IPC or uner PWDV Act.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13800 Answers
189 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file complain under DV act asking all reliefs, also file 498A case. in compromise you may ask your husband to agree for mutual divorce. after filing divorce you may withdraw all cases .for brief you may call
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) if your husband is not willing to give you divorce it will take you around 5 years to  get a divorce 

2) it is advisable to contact a marriage counsellor and seek to save your marriage for sake of young child . 

3) forget your lover . 

4) if your husband is assaulting you file DV case and seek a protection order and and right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation .

5) you can also file 498A case
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49365 Answers
2944 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can not marry your love unless you take divorce from your husband,

2. If you file divorce case to be contested by him, it will take minimum 4 years rio be disposed off whereas mutual consent divorce will take slightly more than 6 months,

3. So, discuss with your husband abount MCD & convince him for it,

4. After getting the decree of divorce by jointly filing the MCD application, you can marry our love.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
19412 Answers
473 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer