• Harassment

Iam married since jan 2013.my in laws harass me every day for every single thing in the house,thereby making my life miserable.my mother in law had major influence on my husband n he agrees to whatever wrong she says.she creates scene nd lies to him for petty issues.my husband is in Australia.he is not PR,he always demand money from me for his settlement it's about 7 lakh.my mother in law and her two daughter and their husband and their children they all are living together.my mother in law and two sister in law harrasing me everyday .they thrown me out frm home in jan 2014.for the past 4 months I'm staying with my parents.my husband had came my parents home and commited dat he will carry me soon frm here. But he went back aus without my concern and my husband and in laws cased against my family n me for demanding property my husband has no contact from me he dint send me money even.my father is heart patient. Every week summon come nd we goes without any mistake we bear insult.we Dnt have enough money to defend ourself.im really scared and under severe mental tension. Plz help me out..iam helpless.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Jalandhar, Punjab
Religion: Sikh
1) you should file DV case against your husband , in laws . 

2) you should seek protection order and also right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation and other reliefs 

3) you can also file 498A if you have been subject to dowry harassment 

4) your husband is bound to maintain you . if he refuses to pay maintenance in your DV case you can seek maintenance from your husband
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your question is very confusing. You're saying you don't have money to defend and also you've given 7 lakh to your husband. What kind of case has been filed against you and by whom? Australia is a very expensive country, your husband is studying or working there?  Didn't you knew before marriage about your husband's joint family status? Stop complaining about everything and be clear and honest with what kind help you want.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
330 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you may file DV act petition & claim all relief under one roof
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. File a police complaint immediately u/s498A of IPC,

2. Also file DV case praying for maintenance, right to reside at matrimonial house or arrangement of alternative accomodation, propetction,

3. Hopr you have collected all documents about their torture on you.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18547 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer