• Need legal advice

Thank u sir.. but what if the police will say that the crime is held in dehradun & if they doesn't file the FIR then what should i do?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
in that case you can file complaint under DV act and can file for maintenence under 125crpc
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

it is better option for you to file DV act in which you may ask many relief including maintenance
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Normally in all such cases, zero FIR is registered at a Police Station at Delhi and FIR is transferred to 
the concerned police station where crime is committed. in your case if offence has been committed in dehradun FIR will be transferred to Dehradun
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44306 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The law laid down by the Supreme Court is that in the event of the investigating officer arriving at a 
conclusion that crime was not committed within his jurisdiction, the FIR should be forwarded to the 
PS having the jurisdiction. However, the police officer cannot refuse to register the FIR in respect of 
a crime, which requires investigation.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44306 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file complaint under DV Act for harassment cruelty etc and claim compensation.besides right of residence or alternate accommodation and maintenance. pls feel free to call for clarification and or legal help if so desire.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer