• Need legal advice

I'm married since 7 months & lived in dehradun with my husband after our marriage he started hitting me & always demands money from my dad. On April he hitted me so badly & lefted me alone in dehradun after that he ran away from house, then i came back to my dad in delhi as i was totally helpless & alone, & i have filed a complaint in caw cell delhi for domestic violence & dowry now the procedure is complete & they asked for FIR because he had not attended any dates in caw cell.. I want to know the further procedure of FIR  & I'm afraid that will caw cell launch the FIR or not.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
1. Since he was absent in all 3 dates, nor FIR would be registered.
2. If you are not employed then file case under PWDV Act to claim maintenance.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12887 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can file DV case against your husband and seek protection order against your husband 

2) seek right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation . 

3) seek maintenance from your husband . compensation for physical assault undergone by you 

4) if prima facie is made out from allegations in complaint FIR would be lodged against your husband
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Do not wait for CAW cell whether or not FIR would be registered.you have your remedies.File case under DV Act and seek, protection order against your husband, compensation for cruelty, assault etc. you suffered, maintenance and also right of residence  etc.please feel free to call for any clarification/legal help,if so desire.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

file DV case against your husband ,file application under 125crpc for  maintenance with a compliant in women cell of your area
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

wait definitly FIR will be lodged against him you can alsofileDVact asking maitenence with other reliefs
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. File a DV case against him,

2. Lodge a police complaint u/s498A IPC.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18547 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer