• Dowry harassment and divorce

hello sir , am an graduate my marrige was held on 1st  june 2013, after the marrige for 1 week my husband and my in laws treated me well. after that they started harasing me mentally by using filthy languge for more dowry . at the time of marriage my parents have give 6lakhs dowry and 25tulas of gold and 1kg silver and all the marrige expenses were spent by my parents only... but   after a week i came to know that they are not happy with wat my parents have given them.. so told me ask my parents for more for  which i have rejected so they started beating me and abusing me and my family for 3 mnths i have  not told my parents about all these things bcoz i am the only child for them.. they never allowed me go out or talk to anybody .. it was just like a prison.. unable to bear the situation i have taken sleeping bills .. and serious condition i was hospitalised by my husband.. he only paid the bill just to save them selfs.. and after i regained my conciseness my husband 1st came to see me told me that am sorry for all that  happend here aftr we will stay happily.. dont give any statments againt me or my family so that it effects our lifes ... like fool i have belived his words and given the statmnt that due to my educatn pessure i have comitted sucide... after the statmnt  they have left alone in the hospital and informed my parents ... and took all the medical bills in favour of them and aftr my discharge they have not taken me home... and for almst 5 mnths i stayed with my parnts and during this 5 months he nevr called me or txtd me .. i only use to call him but he use talk in a rude way
and one day he came to my place alng with some elders brought some papers told me that if u want join me u have to sign these papers .. papers consisted of my sucide matter and  all the thing sagaint me which were all false aligations.. so i told i will not sign but my parents told me just its printed matr no need to worry sign and rejoin ur husband
after that a week later he took me to my inlaws palace.. and again they treated me like a slave daily my husband use to beat me and my sis in law(un married) also used to beat me .. did not alow me to call to my parents .. they did even given me food for a week and locked me in aroom.... and 10 days later my husband beat my severly and made me to sign on black papers and in a car they forcebly took me to my home and throughd me in front of my house... my parenst took me hospital and i was hospitalised for a week .. and we have filed 498a case and my husband and inlaws were remaned for a week.. and after that they came out on bail... chrgesheet was filed where in my husband my inlaws were found guilty.. 
so will they will be punished based on the cs
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Kaarkala, Karnataka
If you have supporting medical prescription for what kind of injury you were treated, it will definitely provide a good evidence to prove your allegations. File another criminal suit for forcibly taking your signature on blank papers, withdrawing allegations on first time hospitalization. If possible try to get first time medical prescription from the hospital too. The more documentary evidence you will produce, your case will be stronger. Take help of good local lawyer. Also file a written complain with women NGO of your area.
1. Yes, most likely. In your FIR, did you mention the incidence of your first attempt to commit suicide due to their torture which you were forced to hide from police. Yiu had a golden opportunity to correct your mistake,

2. Also file maintenance petition.
1) yes your husband and in laws will be punished for physical and mental torture that you have undergone . mdical certificate as to nature of injuries suffered by you will definitely help your case . 

2) you should also file Dv case . claim maintenance , right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation . 

3) in addition seek a protection order against your husband and in laws 

4) you can also file for divorce against your sadist husband . it makes no sense in staying with man who phsyically assaults you for dowry
All my learned colleagues have given the correct advice and I endorse the same and advice you to act immediately..
same view as suggested by Mr. Sethi,Adv.Please act accordingly.
well if you have stated in writing that you tried to commit suicide because of educational purposes any change in statement now will be always looked at with suspicion . if any retraction of written statement had to be done it had to be done immediately and not after lapse of 6 months
yes you can file DV case . seek right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation
in Dv case you have to seek right to stay in matrimonial home or seek alternative accommodation
thanks for your appreciation
your husband will attend court if he has been duly served with summons . or his lawyer will attend court on next date
you can issuer notice to your husband to hand over all your academic qualifications  certificates lying with him .
Since it was your first police complaint, you could have taken the plea that you were threatened by your husband for divorcing you if you had made such complaint against him and you wanted to save your marriage at any cost for which you were forced to give such declaration before the police. and it would have been acceptable by the Court since these types of application of force on wives are very common and believeable. Moreover, have you not complained about non receipt of your Streedhan u/s406 of IPC to get back your articles through police help? If not file it now,