Kindly help. My husband deserted me and my daughter (who is now 18yrs) in year 2007 (by writing a letter), after taking loans from various banks. In last 7 years I have had no contact with him. In the last seven years neither has he tried contacting me nor provided any support to me and my daughter. I am continuously harassed by the financial institution for his whereabouts. In the absence of any legal document I am unable to prove that we are no longer together. I cannot afford high legal fees. I would request help in filing for divorce with minimal hassle and expense. Also I would like to know, in case if anything happens whatever my assets and valuables will be given to my daughter only and not to my ex-husband.
Asked in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
you can file for divorce
on grounds of mental cruelty. if. your husband does not contest you will get exparte divorce. you can make a will bequeathing your assets to your daughter.your husband will have no share in such assets
I have no address to send him a notice? how do i then file for divorce? If you can help me with the procedure in case i approach the court directly?
Asked 3 years ago
you may file police complain regarding him not heard since seven years
Advocate, Greater Noida
1. You can file suit for divorce stating the his last known address as his only address.
2. If the summons is not served then you can make par publication. It is permissible.
1. File a divorce suit on the ground of cruelty/desertion,
2. Send the Summon to his last known address & if it is returned undelivered, publish the summon in local Newspaper,
3. The matter will decuided Ex-Parte.
1) you must be having some family friends who are in contact with your husband .
2) if you are not aware of his address file for divorce mentioning his last known address
3) if you are unable to serve summons at his last known address court may direct service of summons through substituted service ie paper publication
File for divorce on the ground of desertion and try to find out his address through relatives or friends and if it is not successful to the last known address and if the summons can not be served in his last known address give wide publicity through newspapers.