• Post Cort Marriage Procedure

My elder brother gas done an inter-caste court marriage last year with my families permission but the girl's family is not ready to accept this marriage, now a situation has come where the girl's family is not letting her come to my family and they are manipulating her with the same old emotional drama, the girl is also willing to come but she is under extreme pressure from her family, we have all the documents related to the marriage but don't know how to proceed. PLEASE HELP...
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
file section -9 applcation in family court
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Let your brother move to court and file a case for restitution of conjugal rights against her, whereafter it will become clear if she has abandoned your brother out of her own free will or is being detained by her parents.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dear client since marriage is already solemnized ,the behaviour of girl family is cognizable offense

Sunil kr singh
Sunil Kumar Singh
Advocate, Kanpur
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

your brother. can file petition for restiution of conjugal rights under section 9 of hindu marriage act. if your wife loves your brother she will in response agree to stay with him
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44377 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Ask your brother to file a case u/s9 of HM Act,

2. If he has the support of his wife, he can lodge a police complaint against her forcible house confinement.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18161 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your brother should file petition under Section 9 of HMA for restitution of conjugal rights.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

query is resolved
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44377 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer