• Rain water way blocked

Sir, I had purchased a plot and the owner of that property had left a way /path for the rain water to flow. Now this area is illegally acquired by my neighbour and a compound wall is built blocking the water path. I got the plan clearly showing the .path .Pl. guide me in this regard .can I make a police complain and demolish it if panchayat is not taking any action???pl. Help...
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Panjim, Goa
1. Police complaint will not do.
2. You have to file a civil suit for mandatory as well prohibitory injunction.

1. You may file a police complaint, albeit it may not produce the desired result as police has limited authority to deal with such matters as they do not result in violation of penal law of the country. 

2. The more efficacious remedy would be to move to court and apply for injunction against him.

As it is not a criminal matter/offense  complaint to police will not bring desired result.You need to file suit for permanent and mandatory injunction.

police complaint will not have any effect . you have to move court against your neighbour for necessary reliefs

file a suit in civil court

1. First file a criminal complaint for illegally occupying the area which blocked the waterway,

2. Then file a declatory suit about the area blocked alongwith an application praying for an injunction restraining your neighbour in blocking the waterway.