• Tata Docomo DSL internet billing after disconnection request

DSL connection No.-0240414258. 
1. I stopped using my internet connection in August/ sept. 2012, talked customer care to close the connection as I was out of station, but it did not happen and I get the bill call. 

2. Through e mail on 3 oct 2012, again I requested to close the account.

3. And I have tried to ward off the issue by paying the last bill in Dec 2012 hoping the same that the account will be closed when I have not actually used the connection during this time, but In fact , this activated my account started billing automatically against my number which now they want me to pay.

4. But it did not happen, Instead of disconnection, Number get activated automatically, and again I was charged for the unused internet connection till it get disconnected automatically, ( so tata docomo charged the bill till 2 feb 2013 ) 

4. Following are the complaint numbers generated during this time: 334877997 dated 7/11/2012
5. Again in 2013 , i received some legal calls for recovery of the bill. And i talked with tata customer care executive in pune. I talked with the customer executive with complaint number
348278981 dated 09/02/2013 

Then he assured me the wavering of the bill, Complaint number:Complaint number:348280415, dated in 2013

6. Now in 2015, I am receiving the same kind of calls for recovery from some legal firm and asking to pay 2561/- rupees, So communicated with tata customer on mail, but with out any concrete reply.
7. Now tell me, what to do, when some alleged legal person calls you in between while I see patients or doing some imp other work, to pay the bills of sept 2012.
This is mental harassment and one kind of bullying. And i want to address it now legally for the benefit of all others.
 What are the actual ways to respond to Tata Docomo's legal notice which actually I have not received as I have been relocated. I wan to encounter this case in legal way instead of going for settlement.
What all learned advocates suggest me on this case and any other way of consultation to them ?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Aurangabad, Maharashtra
If you have received a legal demand notice, you issue a reply denying the liability and inform them that since all the evidence in your possession prove that you are not liable to pay anything to the company after you have intimated the company to disconnect the connection and you are not willing to continue the same anymore, so this practice of demanding illegal amount cannot be tolerated anymore and necessary action will be taken against the company or its agents if they do not stop sending such illegal demands in future. 
If you are not able to issue reply notice or written communication to the company, you may engage the services of a local lawyer for the purpose. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35869 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can sue the service provider to claim damages for deficiency in service as it has billed you in spite of the documented request for deactivation of the connection.

2. Once you receive the legal notice you can put it to your lawyer for reply. You have the right to recover from the service provider the amount you incur on availing the legal services of your lawyer. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you should lodge complaint with consumer forum against the Tata DSL for unfair trad practise 

2) when you have disconnected the Internet service they hano business sending you bills for services not utilise by you 

3) you must reply to legal notice and mention that services were disconnected by you in October 2012 . Enclose copy of correspondence exchanged 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No need to answer the calls from recovery legal firm.No need to pay the amount.If they take any legal steps for recovery of the amount then we can take steps against that. Some of the foul plays has happened every where for such recovery persons or firms. 

Send a legal notice to Tata Docomo's  office enclose copy of correspondence with regards to your connections.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2769 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer