• Will call this situation self occupied property

i want to buy a property , the property owner is of age75 he has 4 children. one of his son bought a propety in his father name. so do i need only father signature to by the property or i required signature of whole family
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. Legally only the father is the owner.
2. However to avoid any dispute in future do take signature of the son who bought the property in benam of his father , if not other sons.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
9450 Answers
114 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

only 75 year old man is absolute owner of property . you need only his signature . you can  take signature of sons as witness  if you so desire
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
35390 Answers
1963 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The actual owner is father only, so you need father's signature only. However to avoid any future inconveniece ,  you must advertise in two newspaper ( English & regional language) regarding your intention to purchase that property.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
276 Answers
25 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

A property can be sold by the owner alone, or some one legally authorised by the owner to sell the same on his behalf. The transaction of sale is complete when the owner signs the sale deed. Since the ownership vests in the 75 year old man his signature shall suffice. No one else in his family is required to sign.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21382 Answers
572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer