• Change of name on father's birth certificate

I was in relation with a girl who is married to some one else and we had a child but his husband name came on child's birth certificate now she is divorced and I am getting married to her now I want to change birth certificate fathers name, is it possible with DNA test certificate I can change or reissue birth certificate with my name on it, I m very much in trouble kindly advice in legal way
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Muslim
You rather adopt the child to give him  your name.
Adoption by Muslims is now recognised in law by the recent decision of the supreme court of India.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12487 Answers
159 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

ONLY legal way to father name is to for adoption deed. mind it consent of biology father will required for this. by going through DNA test you want to prove adultry against yourself
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

better obtain consent of father whose name is mentioned in birth certificate to adopt the child .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44149 Answers
2560 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Adoption Deed is only option you can not change his father name from birth certificate
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4788 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer