• Demand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs

Am a government servant and married with children. Been engaged with a woman much senior to me in age for more than 6 years. However, our sexual encounters were very few and far between. 
During our relations no point of subsequent marriage was committed by either of party. Now she is insisting on marrying her which I do not want to.  She is blackmailing me by writing sms and had even visited my office about a month ago, after which it has become nightmarish for me to continue in the office.
I want to get out of this quagmire. Pl help.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
you will have to negotiate it with the lady ,as you are a govt employee and lady knows this ,can logde a false complaint against you ,though by lodging fIR she may not get anything but she will pressurize you f

Does she have any proof of the extra marital relationship you had with her? If yes, she can lodge a complaint to police which will spell trouble for your job as you are government servant. It is in your interest to amicably settle the differences with her.

1. I regret to inform you that you should hold yourself responsible for this quagmire. Adultery is a sin and offence and you have committed this.
2. Every offence comes with a price which you are forced to pay now.
3. Handle this situation diplomatically and ask for her forgiveness and close this chapter.
4. You have legal recourse to restrain her form entering the office but that would entail further complications and possible criminal charges against you jeoparsiding your job.
All the best.

Best course of action in your own interest would be to settle it amicably.

1) it was consensual sex . at no point of time marriage was discussed . 

2) however if your mistress lodges police complaint against you then you would be in trouble . 

3) you may lose your govt job . settle issue amicably