• Undertaking

Namaste!
I need the undertaking of my Indian partnes for my visa extension in FRRO what responsibility will my.
Indian partner have by giving me this undertaking?
What obligations does this undertaking infliction me?
Asked 3 years ago in Business Law from Varkala, Kerala
The FRRO must have fixed format for giving such undertaking.
Do refer such format for better understanding of the undertaking to be given.

what is the requirement of FRRO reg undertaking

It is normal undertaking/sponsorship. 
You have to sign it up.

Without perusing the letter we cannot form an opinion respecting the legal consequences of this undertaking.

the indian partners are responsible for  your  actions . if it is found that you have violated any laws indian partners shall be responsible for payment of costs of your repatriation

it is question of trust . if your Indian partner has faith in you he will give the undertaking sought . dont betray his trust . Ultimately you would be responsible for consequences of your actions . Indian partner has to bear costs of your repatriation

The legal import of the undertaking is that Indian partners shall be liable for your actions. If you violate any of the laws prevailing in India during your stay in India then your Indian partners shall bear the costs involved in repatriating you.

You have to convince your Indian partner to sign the undertaking. He will accede to your request only and only if he considers you trustworthy. While he will be responsible for the costs involved in repatriating you, you will be personally liable to face the legal consequences emanating out of the breach of any Indian law.

1. If you are required in India for more time for busuness purpose, your Indian partners would like to give the said undertaking for your stay in India for the extended period,

2. With the said undertaking your  business partners will be liable to bear the cost of your repatriation in case you are so ordered by the authority.