• Harassment calls from wife’s aides

While I’m fighting all the routine matrimonial cases here in Andhra Pradesh, my wife on the other side who originally agreed to settle the matter for 16 lacs has now started demanding huge amounts for settlement. As I cannot bear such hefty amount I have started visiting the courts attending my cases.

But she has engaged an unknown person who claims to be having strong ties with the ruling party and have been harassing me with continuous calls from different numbers demanding me to come to their terms if not he’s threatening me of dire consequences apart from giving life threatening warnings. I do have a audio recording where in he’s heard demanding 1.5 crores as settlement amount .

As their threatening calls are giving me sleepless nights apart from causing immense mental stress and trauma, I want to know if there are any ways to deal with this settlement mafia as it is important that I eliminate this new middleman so I can pursue my cases instead of succumbing to their pressures, I want to know

1. If I can lodge a complaint anywhere like the local PS or the office of SP or anywhere else ?

2. Where else can I send my complaint letter to safeguard myself and my family members ? 

Request your valuable advise here. Thank you.
Asked 8 days ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

File police complaint of criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC against unknown caller in local police station 


2) prepare transcripts of audio recordings 


3) enclose it to your complaint 


4) if police refuse to lodge FIR file private complaint before magistrate under section 156(3) of cr pc to direct police to investigate and submit report 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
81793 Answers
5120 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes lodge a police complaint

2. You can cc it to commissioner and DCP

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
23214 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

They have and are committing offence of extortion and liable for imprisonment of three years under Section 385 of Indian Penal Code, 1860. You can file a criminal complaint in police with details of call records and voice recording. They have also committed contempt of Court by interfering in administration of justice. File a petition in the Court where case is pending with all details. Court will take serious note of it.

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
642 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

1) You can file a FIR for criminal intimidation by an anonymous communication in the police station. Submit a copy of the call recoderings as well.

2)  If the Police Station refuses to register FIR, substance of the information in writing can be sent by post to the Assistant Commissioner of Police or Deputy Commissioner of Police of the respective zone or Commissioner of Police.

3) If even after submitting a complaint to Senior Police officials no FIR is lodged then you are legally entitled to file a complaint to the Judicial Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magistrate requesting the FIR to be registered by the police and commencing investigation into the matter.

Thank you

  • For more assistance, you can book a consultation with me.
  • If you like my answer, please give a good rating and leave a review

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
926 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Where the crime the committed there only the compliant in writing is lodged.

2. If there is scope for online lodging of complaint you can do that as well.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22279 Answers
338 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can very well lodge a criminal complaint with the police in this regard and can escalate the matter to SP of your district police if the local police do not take proper action.

2. If the police do not cooperate then you can file a petition under section 156(3) cr.p.c. before judicial magistrate court in your jurisdiction seeking to direct the police to initiate proper legal proceedings against the henchman or the antisocial element.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
71857 Answers
1057 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer