• Correct Death Certificate required

I need correct death certificate of my father from Kanpur mulicipality. My father expired on train near Kanpur 2 weeks back. Due to confusion/distress, my grandfathers name had been incorrectly stated by my mother and accordingly the railway police record, hospital post mortem doctor disposal letter and the cremation certificate from Kanpur mentions incorrect grandfathers name. As of now, final death certificate from Kanpur municipality is still awaited. We have my fathers passport, PAN card, Aaadhar car,Voter card with the correct name of my grandfather. My father was a resident of Kolkata.
How do I ensure we get the DC with the correct grandfathers name as soon as possible?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from S Chakravarty, Uttar Pradesh
1) To apply for a Death Certificate, you must first register the death. The death has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Death Certificate is then issued after proper verification.

2) you will have to apply to the authorities to correct name of your grand father . file an affidavit and enclose  grand father passport , aaddhar card reflecting correct name 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45472 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to apply to the Registrar of Births and Deaths for rectification of the errors in the death certificate. Along with the application in the prescribed format you should annex all the documents you wish to rely on to carry out the rectification.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to make an application for correction of death certificate to the Kanpur Municipality and if they refuse to change the correct name then file a suit before the court. 
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have to apply for death certificate with correct particulars, if your application is rejected or not entertained, the reply letter to be enclosed with a petition to be filed before court seeking its direction to the concerned authorities to issue the desired death certificate with correct particulars. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35628 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer