- As per Supreme Court, One is bound to tolerate criticism, dissent and discordance but not expected to tolerate defamatory attack,
- Under sections 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code, defamation is a criminal offence. Defamatory acts can include “words either spoken or intended to be read", signs or visible representations, which are published or put up in the public domain. The offence is punishable with up to two years imprisonment, a fine or both.
- You have a legal right to live in the society peacefully and respectfully. Law of the land is bound to protect you.
- Your mentioned details are amounts to Defamation, and a criminal case can be filed.
- You can also file a civil defamation case, for claiming compensation, after paying court fees.
- Further , if your wife was the cause of such harassment and mental cruelty , then you can file a divorce petition against her on the ground of cruelty and other grounds which you have in your support.
You can contact me , if further suggestion needed.