Are witnesses required for filing notice of intent of marriage?
Are three witnesses required for filing notice of intent of marriage in Bangalore?
Or the witnesses are required only at the time of marriage solemnization /registration?
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. Witnesses are not required for filing notice of marriage,
2. Witnesses are required only at the time of registering the marriage.before the Marriage Registrar.
The witnesses are required at the time of solemnisation of marriage alone and not necessary while issuing notice of intent.
Notice of intent do not have columns for witnesses.
The witnesses to marriage shall be present to sign their presence during the solemnization of marriage as a witness to the marriage.
1) three witness are not required for filing of notice of intent to marriage
2) presence of witnesses is required only at time of marriage
only at the time of solemnization of marriage/registration.
Advocate, New Delhi
1. In other states such requirements not necessary for notice purpose only.
2. To know the local rules you have to contact a local lawyer.
1. The witnesses are required to be produced only on the appointed date of registration of marriage.
2. The filing of notice of intent does not require the personal presence of the witnesses.
They are required only at the time of registration.