• forceful withdrawal from college

I am a student in VIT University. I was implicated in a false case here regarding a fight and am being forced to withdraw from college. After applying for reconsideration, i was given a two year suspension. Sir , i wish to leave this college but they are not expelling. Withdrawing will mean i will have to pay fees for the remaing two years because in the beginning we signed an acknowledgement regarding rules of withdrawing. I want my certificates back because if i am suspended i can not get my certificates and cannot continue studies else where. They have also harassed me and have rejected my pleas.Can i apply in the court of law regarding this? What cases can I register against them? Can i apply for discrimination and harrassment? Because of them i ruined my one year here as they made me wait 9 months for decision. Can i acquire my damages of those months? Pleas help me.
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law from Vellore, Tamil Nadu
File writ petition challenging Withdrawal Rules.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

without seeing the suspension order and the Institute rule governing the admission and fees ; it is difficult to advise.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8151 Answers
97 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

What does the rule of withdrawing say?. Without looking at the governing rules of the institute it would be difficult to come to a conclusion.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1368 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is necessary to go through the rules framed by institute regarding admission , fees , suspension etc to advice . contact a local lawyer . if you want to with draw and institute refuses to hand over your original certificates you can lodge police complaint against said institute . also file complaint before consumer forum for deficiency in service
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
31097 Answers
1706 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Without perusing the rules of the institute and the suspension order it is not possible to apply legal mind and arrive at a conclusion. You have lots of legal remedies but an opinion as to the efficacy of any one of those cannot be formed unless the 'acknowledgment' which you signed with the institute at the time of your admission and also the suspension order is perused. Your certificates cannot be withheld under any circumstances by the institute.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20371 Answers
537 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer