• How to disown my father?

hi. i am 19 years old.i am in second year in a college.my dad usually harasses,beats my mom atleast once in a week.there is no such reason for that.she suffers if and i am not allowed to intervene in husband-wife case.they will never get divorced.he use to abuse me and my sister after consuming alcohol. sumetimes he threatens us..sometime he use to beat us.its like a common thing to us.we have tried so many times to explain him that he is doing wrong to us but he never realises it. but today he crossed his limits he molested us,snached my hair..naw i hav become half bald.. :( lol ... he beated us and even threatened us that he will commit suicide and will not return back home.he is a government officer and in a very good post.i can not put a police case because he will loose his job then. my sister is in a college..if my dad's lob is lost then we wont be able to pay the high fees of the college. i can't tolerate him anymore..i want to disown him as my father. what should i do to disown him. i just don't want to live with him anymore.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
if you dont want to stay with him shift to a rented accommodation near your college . no need to disown your father . 

your mother /sister can file complaint of DV against him  and seek protection order against him . also seek maintenance  and right to stay in matrimonial home
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44243 Answers
2568 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is very unfortunate for you , your sister and mother who all have been suffering from own husband and father. Your mother and sister can seek remedy from court under domestic violence Act for living separately from him and also maintenance and other expenses besides compensation by doing so your sister's education will not be affected financially.You can also stay with your mother and sister . Let him live alone. For any clarification or legal help you may contact me, if so desire.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

if things do not happen smoothly you have to get them forcefully file complain under DV Act, through your mother & sister, get many relief like maintence,  residence order, protection order, monetary relief, etc. under one act. for detail you may call me if so desire
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

already replied
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer