• Protection of property

I own a property in Chennai (India). I have all the legal documents. I have allowed my mother in law (aged 87yrs) to live in a portion. I have also supported her financially for the past several years and I have all the documents to support this. My wife bought the house from my mother in law and I have now purchased it from my wife. Her other daughters have poisoned my mother in laws mind saying that she should file a case against me (civil and criminal) stating that I have cheated her. Now my mother in law is staying in my house and wants to file some case against me. However, I cant see why I should allow her to continue stating there when she is clearly not getting good advice. If she wishes to file a case against me, that is OK, I have all the documents to prove that every transaction is legal. How can I evict her legally - given that she is becoming very ungrateful and clearly not thinking well.  My email is: tsitharthan@gmail.com
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) dont take any drastic step . let her first file case . since she is 87 years old . give her a long rope now . 

2) if she files case produce all documents in your possession that you are a bonafide purchaser of value
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46832 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

When you have all the documents to prove your title, you need not bother even if your mother-in-law files a case.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1653 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your wife has purchased the property from her and you have all the papers as mentioned. So, if at all you and your wife has decided to evict her,then your wife being absolute/ legal owner can file suit for eviction and possession but keeping her old and advanced age, you should not take such drastic step.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. If you possess all the documents which can prove your ownership to the property then any case filed by your mother-in-law related to the property wherein she is residing will have no legs to stand on in court.

2. If the sale transaction between your mother-in-law and your wife and also between you and your wife has been legally documented then you are on the right side of law. 

3. Since you are the owner of the house you can evict your mother-in-law by issuing a lawyer's notice to her. If she does not vacate the property after being given a notice to do so then you may file a case for her eviction in court wherein court will order her to leave.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23156 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer