• Cybercrime and blackmailing

I was in two relationships earlier, but some how did not work out and hence I am engaged to a person my parents have seen. Now that my first boyfriend has got to know about my wedding, he is sending emails in my name telling my fiance not to marry me by defaming me a lot. I had told about my first relationship with my partner but not about the second one, as we parted on mutual consent. Since my fiance did not believe in those emails, he is now attacking my second boyfriend too and threatening to reveal about out relationship to everyone, he has also somehow collected our mobile conversation, pics and other things ( not sure if it's true or false), not now he is threatening to disclose to my family. I do not want this matter to open up in front of my family as they are very conservative. Please suggest me the best solution as my marriage and life both are at stake.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

1. It's an act of molestation and extortion. 

2. So your only option is in lodging complaint with local police. 

3. Once FIR is registered he is bound to destroy the evidence against you to save himself. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
416 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file police complaint against your boy friend under provisions of IT act for threatening to transmit your private pictures 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89850 Answers
6517 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

He must have saved private pictures on his mobile phone or on his computer 


it would not be possible to destroy the evidence against you 



Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89850 Answers
6517 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Pleasant peace of mind is important in a family life. Everyone faces a crossroad sometime in their life wondering if they want to continue a relationship with a friend, lover or family member. A suspicious mind makes much troubles in life. So try to convey properly to your fiancé. It does not mean that convey everything to him.  A better conversation and explanation will help your future life.

You will file police complaint against your boy friend if the threat goes beyond the limits. If possible patch up / solve the matter with the help of close relatives or friends before going in a legal way. 

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
4027 Answers
99 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It will be prudent that you, communicate the situation honestly to your fiance and seek his support and confidence. This way the situation of getting blackmailed will be nullified.

Ritvik Krishna
Advocate, Prayagraj
2 Answers

Not rated

1. Contact a local "Cyber Hacker", who will be able to destroy all such evidences that may be stored on Phone or Computer.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com 

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can lodge police complaint against him. The police will take suitable action against him.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5468 Answers
314 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You canot make such maniacs  get convinced and leave you once for all.

Hence you may better collect the evidences for all such activities and prepare a complaint against him and submit it to the cyber police.

At one stage you have to inform your parents and other family members because suppressing the facts befor them will create more harm to you nd it may even spoil your career and future married life.

Your parents would support you after getting convinced about your activities and may suggest some ideas including accompanying you to the police station. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
80017 Answers
1675 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nobody can forcibly destroy  the evidences in his possession. He will simply deny the possession of any such evidences to ordinary people except to police, because the police treatment would be differnt.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
80017 Answers
1675 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Ma'am, 

Please contact a lawyer immediately and get issued a legal notice to him threatening him to lodge a criminal complaint against him and a civil case for recovery of damages for defamation. This should deter him from continuing such activities. 

If he does not stop, lodge a criminal complaint in the cyber cell. The police will help you out. 

It is a complex process to compel anyone to destroy data/information. The person can only be restricted from disseminating the information. For destroying the information an order from court would be required, which is not advisable considering the circumstances you are in. 

Best wishes. 


Agam Sharma
Advocate, New Delhi
617 Answers
6 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Supreme court declared that , when  a man and a woman in love live together , is part of the right to life and not a criminal offence, and further live-in relationships is legal in India.

- Since, the said boy friend is black mailing you in the garb of relationship, hence her such act is against the law.

- You should lodge a complaint/information with police for your safety against him for extortion under section 384 of IPC, and for threatening to defame . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10663 Answers
132 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer