• Purchasing builder floor in Delhi


I am planning to buy a builder floor in Saket, Krishna Park New Delhi. Its by a normal person who constructed 4 floors building and selling every floor. i asked him about the Registration, he said we have both Power of attorney and Registered. Question is What is difference in these. Also If i am buying he floor by a private person who created a building and seeling floors what important papers i need to check before buying for future Legal case. How to be the owner of the particular floor without any legal issue.
Basically i do not want to face any dispute in future. Plese help.

Thanks a lot
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
just to inform you that after september 2011 all GPA are illegal
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

first of all get the property converted in to freehold for which you require the first owner of the property and not GPA owner and after that get the sale deed registered in your name
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) never purchase a property without consulting a local lawyer . 

2) obtain certificate from lawyer that title is clear and marketable free from encumbrances . 

3)check whether building plans have been sanctioned by Muncipal corporation . 

4)occupation certificate issued . 

5) seller has all original documents in his possession . sale by Power of Attorney does not create any legal title in the property . it has to be by registered sale deed only
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45664 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, contact Rajeev Bari, he is our panel advocate and he will do the needful after verifying the documents.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have to collect the following documents: 

1. Tripartate Agreement between the Owner, builder and yourself (After payment of the whole amount you get it registered in your name). 
2. Development agreement between owner and builder
3. Link document of Owner (i.e. by whom and by which document the owner had purchaser the property).
4. Building permission of the complex.
5. Layout on which the complex is construction (which authority has sanctioned layout, whether it is genuine)
6. Occupancy certificate by Municipal authorities.
Ravinder Pasula
Advocate, Hyderabad
397 Answers
96 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer