• My wife filed a complaint against me

I am from Mumbai (native place in tamil nadu) and my wife from Delhi, we found each other in matrimonial and got married. My wife went delhi before lockdown for her sister birthday (for a week) and I cam my native place inbetween govt announced lockdown.

After 3month my wife informed me she going through fistula problem(she have medical history last 4 year). Her problem went worst needed operation without consulting with me she stated her session after one session, she informed me for medical need 1.5lac (she is central govt employee) asked her better let's apply for mediclaim, she said I do later, first month I paid 20k and second month I paid 20k, while paying second month we got heated argument and she old me don't disturb me, after that I stopped calling her inbetween my mom call her she never pickup lanth my mom called her for about her status and when she comes back, her dad informed as after two month, after I called her she not picked my phone, now i received notice from police commissioner from delhi, postman knocked my door my nebour informed him they are not in Mumbai, 

now how should i respond this notice and what will be my next step( looking for Delhi based lawyer help me alot of Tamil speaking lawyers)
Asked 11 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Christian

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

It is necessary to peruse complaint filed by your wife 


2) if she has filed dowry harassment case you should obtain copy of FIR and apply for anticipatory bail 


3) police would issue you notice to record your statement 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84049 Answers
5477 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Number of lawyers on this website from Delhi 


contact any of them 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84049 Answers
5477 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  1. As far as responding to the notice you received, no genuine and experienced advocate will be able to advice you, without going through that notice. Hence you must provide that notice to me, so that I can respond to it befittingly on your behalf. 
  2. Regarding your preference for a Delhi based lawyer to handle this entire case....  Are you not based in Mumbai?  If you are, then during the course of the entire proceeding (if at all any court proceedings happen in Delhi), won't it be inconvenient to you to travel to Delhi periodically for briefing with your lawyer? 
  3. Hence,  you must choose a counsel based in mumbai metropolitan region isn't it? Of course, the practice of any experienced lawyer must extend across all districts of this country, including Delhi. So your counsel must be willing to appear before courts in Delhi. 
  4. I'm based in Mumbai /NaviMumbai just as you are and extend my expert legal assistance to you. However, I require an exhaustive  consultation session with you first. For that you have to visit me, along with the notice you received. 
  5. You can provide me the notice prior to visiting me too, as it must be urgent and you maynot be in a position to physically visit me at a short notice. 
  6. ९८२०८९७८८४. (Nine eight two zero eight nine seven eight eight four).  

Netra Mohanchandra Pant
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
1420 Answers
5 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You first of all see what are all the contents in the notice.

Without knowing the contents or charges leveled against you, it may not be possible for you to take any defensive action.

Do not jump into any conclusion in a haste.

If she has given a dowry harassment complaint then you collect the evidences for having sent her the money as well as her medical history and attach them in your application for anticipatory bail after which you can challenge her false case in the trial proceedings.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74146 Answers
1202 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

She can make a criminal complaint even after a long gap.

You first ascertain the charges leveled against you and then you can plan further action to protect your interests.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74146 Answers
1202 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist

The letter issued by the Commissioner of Delhi police may be the notice from CAW Cell and your wife filed any complaint about cruelty or dowry demand before the ACP of Delhi Police.

file an application under RTI and demand a copy of the complaint and then file your detailed reply against that complaint.


or may file an anticipatory bail before session court under section 438 of Cr.P.C. 


it may also be possible that she file any criminal case of domestic violence against you and your family before the magistrate court, so check it too.


Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6084 Answers
287 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can show that notice to a lawyer and contest the same on merits

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
24215 Answers
51 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

there are number of lawyers in this website from delhi having good ratings . you can check their profile on the website and consult. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19011 Answers
28 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer