• Shriram Transport has forged my dads signature on RC Book

My Dad bought a second tractor with Finance from Shriram Transport Corporation. He submitted the RC book of the tractor to Sriram as per their procedure. Sriram lost the RC book of the tractor. Without informing my farther about the lose of the book, the manager of the company applied for Duplicate RC and forged my fathers signature on the RC. 
Sriram is asking us to close the loan and are saying that we havent submitted the RC Book to them. How should we approach this
Asked 8 months ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 2 hours.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

Repay the loan otherwise you would be continued  to be charged interest on loan 


you can file case of forgery against transport company if they forged your father signature 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
82766 Answers
5269 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a criminal complaint against the Manager of Shriram Transport with the police with a  request to lodge FIR.  In case police did not lodge complaint for a considerable period.  File complaint with concerned Metropolitan Magistrate.

Dalip Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
889 Answers
20 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

How did you come to know about the procurement of duplicate RC by the finance company when they inform your father that he has not submitted the original RC book. 

Well you can issue a legal notice demanding the return of original RC book if it was deposited with the finance company. 

Actually the finance company generally returns the RC book to the owner after the hypothecation endorsement is made in it by the RTO authority. 

If your father is regularly repaying the loan amount,  then he need not have to pay the entire amount before the expiration of loan tenure. 

You can give a criminal complaint against the the staff who forged your father's signature with documentary evidences to the police. 


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
72852 Answers
1115 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a complaint for forgery against the said company in the said case

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
23442 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Lodge an fir for impersonation and forgery. File a consumer complaint in the district forum for deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
12722 Answers
33 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If forgery has taken place then FIR for forgery must be filed.

2. When the RC Book was delivered to Shriram your father must have taken an acknowledgment of delivery from it. It is proof enough of delivery of RC.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30646 Answers
897 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are suggested to file police complaint against the said officials of the Shriram Transport Corporation.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6617 Answers
14 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

A person, who forged the signature of another purpose for making false document is liable to be punish under section 465 and 467 IPC. you are suggested to file criminal complaint. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19003 Answers
20 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer