• Present Address proof affidavit

I bought one property in Dec 2019 in Bangalore. But, khata transfer, electric meter name changes are not yet done/completed due to covid situation. Only I could update the present/new address in Gas connection using sale deed. 
I tried to update the address in Aadhar using Gas bill but its still pending for approval for long time and I found nowhere else(DL, bank a/c address update, passport) I can update address using Gas bill.

Under this circumstances, can I make address proof affidavit for the present/new address to update DL/passport which I can use as a valid address proof? What kind of problem/issues it may come in future? 

NOTE: Currently my voter id , aadhar, passport address proofs are with native address and DL with previous rented house address. Only Gas bill I have where new/present address is available.
Asked 12 months ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

Current address proof like Aadhaar card, water bill, electricity bill or telephone bill, voter ID card, proof of gas connection, Income Tax order, spouse passport copy (first and last page including family details), photo passbook of running bank account etc

can be used for change in address of passport 


2) open a bank account in new address . Rely upon sale deed to prove you are owner of flat 


3) electricity bill can be changed on basis of letter from society giving its NOC 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84093 Answers
5490 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you want to change address you can use sale deed for address proof and whenever other offices open one by one you can update change in address.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12193 Answers
151 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Tes. On the basis of affidavit you can apply for update of your address. 

Another option is using your sale deed to transfer your bank account or to open a new one. Bank passbook is widely accepted to update address. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
363 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes you can do the aforesaid

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
24254 Answers
51 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If you are currently residing in the address in which your newly bought property situates, then it is a permanent address to you.

The name transfer in khata make no difference to change your address from previous to this permanent one.

You have already obtained gas connection in the present address, similarly you may change the address in all other documents including aadhar, passport and driving license giving the current permanent address,.

The registered sale deed on your name is a clear indication and evidence to prove your current address.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74182 Answers
1205 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can change your address by enclosing the copy of the title deed of your property.


2. You can also execute an affidavit before the 1st Class judicial Magistrate affirming that your address has been changed to the address of the property you have purchased copy of title deed of which is enclosed herewith.


3. Based on the said affidavit your address in all your documents will be changed.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26036 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Not at all you will not feel any difficulty, first get up dated the name in municipal record of the city and obtain the copy of the same (water connection,house tax ) which they will up date on the basis of the sale deed you have,thereafter, it will be very easy for you to get up date your other documents.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership then you can apply for change to your name. 

Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership then you can apply for change to your name.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19011 Answers
28 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

adhar card and driving license acn be updated online only.

Nitesh Gautam
Advocate, Shimla
17 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer