• Rent a flat

Sir, i am Ex service man and 60 yrs old. I have two flat at ahmedabad. one flat given on rent where 6-7 students are staying and in another flat I live with my wife, which is 15 km away from 1st flat. chairman of society keep on giving notice to me on flimsy ground and asking me to get vacate those boys. Boys are of Nirma college and from good family. Rent agreement and  local police verifications are made. This income is our bread butter. my children are staying away from us , they visit us occasionally, 

please advise
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Hi, he does not have such power and if the student are disturbing the other  then he can do like that or other wise flat is yours and you can give rent to anybody you want.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1) society consent i s necessary to give premises on rent . 

2) if these 7 boys are a nuisance society can after passing resolution in Managing committee direct you to terminate your rent agreement .

 if you refuse to remove them society can drag you to court
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46662 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes if the boys are creating nuisance, they can do it ,in many societies permission has to taken from the managing committe before giving flat to boys like this ,
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Please check up are there any rules and regulations of your Flat owners’ society barring bachelors to give on rent. If there is no such clause, nothing to worry, pl ignore the words of society.  Give a complaint to the head of society. If no action, then give police complaint against the persons who are objecting.
Ravinder Pasula
Advocate, Hyderabad
397 Answers
97 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer