• Government land registered unlawfully

My house is next to the main road and between my compound and the road a shop had come up 10-15 years ago and it was temporary shed. Recently he has built a concrete shop and put boundaries. When i checked with the VA of the area he mentioned it was registered to him now and he is a rightful owner of the property. Not sure how to proceed with this now as my drainage water and sewage water goes to his land and now he has blocked it mentioning its his registered land.
Asked 7 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

File RTI application with muncipal corporation as to whether building plans have been sanctioned by corporation 


2) if it is unauthorised construction it has to be demolished by corporation 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
81866 Answers
5124 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to first file a representation with concerned govt department and sub registrar. Later you can file a writ petition in high court

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
23235 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

File a complaint to local body, give a representation to BBMP.

Jamal Sait
Advocate, Bangalore
168 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Complain to municipal office for illegal possession and encroachment of govt. land. Complain to collector office.

Still for whatever reason, you cannot claim right to flow drainage water and sewage on open land. Don`t use this excuse in your complain. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21436 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Why should your drainage and sewage water go to his land.

You should have left it out properly in the drainage. 

You cannot let out your sewage water on the public road. 

If he had registered the property on his name then your act of letting out the waste water to his land shall be considered as an offence against you. 

Therefore instead of planning for any legal remedy,  you may better compromise with him and look for an alternative. 

Have you confirmed that he has got the property registered on his name. 

How can he buy the government road by a registered deed. 


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
71936 Answers
1062 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can lodge a complaint before the Thasildhar for unlawfully acquiring the Government land.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5020 Answers
265 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You cannot force him to allow drainage of your sewage and water outlet in his property.

2. To challenge his sales deed you need to find out about the registration of land so you can make application under RTI to get transfer details of that particular land. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10689 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No one  can block / disturb the basic amenities.

Obtain certified copy of the ownership of the said person, if it is found to be a fraudulent / created document, you can lodge complaint with police and concerned department.

Further, obtain the layout plan / master plan of the area particularly, the area of your neighbor, if it is shown as road / other identity is given therein, you can challenge through this also.

S Srinivasa Prasad
Advocate, Hyderabad
2868 Answers
9 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File RTI for getting the registration details of the land. If it is registered than arrange new sewage system and if land is not registered then file a complaint against him in Municipal corporation and police 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

First of all you have to follow the municipality ruled prevalent in your locality and to see whether your neighbour has violated any rules and if so then you can lodge a complaint in municipality. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19002 Answers
18 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You have to lodge complaint with local authority it is Panchayath office and also get issue a legal office to them and this person saying that it is illegal construction on the Government land so you are going to approach High Court for getting demolition order against such illegal construction and records against such records.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
5710 Answers
281 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

- As per Supreme court Judgement, provisions on adverse possession are made under the Limitation Act, 1963. In case an owner does not stake his claim over his property for 12 years, a squatter can acquire legal rights over the property.  The prescribed period in case of for government-owned properties is 30 years.

- Hence the said trespasser cannot claim the land and registered the same in his name . 

- Being a citizen of India , even you can file a complaint against him before the police and the competent authority

- Further , as your water sewage has been blocked by him , then you can file a Permanent Injunction suit against him , where he will have to produce the property documents in the court. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
6598 Answers
70 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer