• Renting a flat

I am having flat which is registered on me and my husbands name. My husband is a primary owner. Now he is out of India. I want to register rent agreement, so can I? I will be signing agreement.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
if you want to give flat on leave and licence both  the co owners  have to sign agreement . if your husband has given you POA then your signature would suffice

thanks for your appreciation

Hi, you have to take GPA from your husband and sing the agreement

You can enter into the agreement yourself in your name.  If there has to be any objection it would be from your husband and not the tenant.  Take the rent by way of cheque in your name. Once the tenant accepts you as landlord he can not challenge your title later.

Since you and your husband are joint owners of this flat it can be given on rent by making an agreement to this effect. The agreement is required to be signed by you and your husband. If your husband is unable to arrive in India then he may make a POA in your favour whereupon your signature will suffice.