- As per rule, the popular methods to calculate the maintenance fee for your apartment is
1. Equal Fee for All, but it is common in the apartment, where all the flats are of same sized.
2. The most commonly used method is Area Wise maintenance charge, A rate is fixed for one square feet and then multiplied by the total square feet area of your flat in this method. It means that if you have a larger home, you will end up paying more.
- Further, the common areas are divided equally using a fixed rate while flats are calculated depending on the size of the apartment.
3. Partially Equal Fee i.e A particular amount of money is charged on the area up to a predetermined square feet value, and beyond that, any increment in area is charged according to a unit decided by the apartment association.
4.Hybrid Charges , i.e Splitting the charges into two with the first part including all the common expenses incurred on lifts, security staff salary, stationary, property taxes, conveyance, audit fees, meeting charges, common electricity etc , and the second part includes the area based charges that are specific to the apartments such as water charge and electricity usage.
- Hence, society can decide and make rule accordingly for the welfare of all the inhabitants of the society.
- If the society not paying attention towards the genuine demands, then file a compliant before the Registrar of the Housing Society.