- As per Supreme Court judgement, wife is expected to move in with the relatives of their husbands, follow the rules and customs of their home, and ideally, blend in seamlessly as a new daughter.
- Further, the court granted divorce to a man on the grounds of “cruelty” after his wife refused to share a home with her in-laws.
- Further, If wife is not supporting her husband for the enjoyment of life and denying relation, then the husband can get divorce after filing a divorce petition before the court on this ground.
- Hence, legally your wife cannot refuse to live with your mother, especially when she is old aged, and further you are also duty bound to provide the maintenance and care to your mother as per law, and further at the time of granting of maintenance, court also looks the burden of parents as well.
- If she is not interested to live with, then try to take her consent for mutual divorce, but one year separation is mandatory for mutual divorce.
1. Yes, there is no limitation for sending notice and filing a divorce case .
2. Yes, because you have given her chance for reconciliation.
4. Only mutual divorce will take short time
5. If there is no apprehension from the police , then court will not grant you anticipatory bail.
Good luck and dont forget to rating Positively .
You can connect me via kaanoon.com