• Recovery of money

i have supplied material to a contractor who was doing interior work for a big IT company.it has been more then 3 months the contractor has not paid my 3 lac . i dont have a purchase order .. but has sent him quotation through mail, dilivery chalan of the material supplied with site seal and sign and some mail sent several times to remind him of his pending payment . what to know how i can recover my money.can i also file criminal case. the contractor is from different state .plz advise
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
issue legal notice for recovery of Rs 3 lakhs . in said notice mention about quotation sent by mail and duly received by the contractor . delivery challans signed by contractor and correspondence exchanged
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44428 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Give legal notice for recovery of Rs 3 lakhs by hiring services of local Advocate
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Dear Recovery on Money,
From your details, it looks like you have all the requisite documents. File a money suit immediately. Last but not the least, I would suggest you to send the purchaser of your materials an Advocate Notice before rushing to the court. The contractor may be from anywhere in India. Once you have delivered the materials, the contract is fulfilled from one side and lack of payment by the contractor is violation of Contract Act.
Make sure that the Advocate you recruit does not delay the suit. Normally Money Suit doesn’t take long to be heard, hence make sure the Advocate you recruit fights for your cause.
All the best in recovery of your money.
Sidharth Das
Advocate, Kolkata
21 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

You may set the legal process in motion by issuing a lawyer's notice to him. If he does not return the money thereafter then file a suit for recovery.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer